When it comes to beauty routines, many women are hesitant about trying something new. There is nothing worse than being stuck with a bad hairdo (we’ve all been there ladies, some of us twice) or blotchy skin after a facial gone wrong.
I know a lot of people who absolutely refuse to DIY (Do It Yourself). They don’t have the time, there’s too much cleanup, it’s too complicated. While all statements can be true about DIY beauty, there are plenty of recipes that take no time at all, aren’t messy and are easy to make. Not to mention the fact that there is something incredibly satisfying about whipping up your own conditioner or body scrub at home.Plus its healthy , no need to use any chemical face products .
What You’ll Need:
One egg white
1. Separate the yolk from the egg. Eat it, toss it, use it for your hair. Just make sure it’s not in your bowl.
2. Once you have your egg white, smear some of it all over your face (avoiding your eyes and mouth of course).
3. Once you’ve smeared the egg white on your face, cover it with squares from your roll of toilet paper. Your whole face should be covered.
4. After you’ve covered your face with toilet paper, place another coat of the egg white on your face. The paper should be saturated with egg white.
• By now you’ll smell like raw egg. If you’re like me and the smell of raw egg makes your stomach turn, think about how awesome your skin is going to look afterward and soldier through!
5. Let your homemade mask dry until it’s rock hard.
6. Once your mask is completely dry, peel it off starting from the edges of your face and moving towards the direction of your nose.
• Look at all the gross little things on the paper. Those gross little things used to be on your face. Eww.
7. Wash your face with warm water to get rid of any residual egg. Don’t forget to moisturize!
8. Pat yourself on the back. You just saved yourself a whole lot of money and your skin looks amazing.
Eggs have a lot of protein, and while that protein is great for nourishing your body, the nutrients in eggs are also great for nourishing skin as well.